2008年2月27日 星期三

Interview?

Ha, been catching up on what happened over the past few months in my previous articles, so this is like the first official one where the date actually matches the content....

I was in Descriptive Physics class yesterday when my iPhone buzzed. I did not recognize the number, and told the lady at the other end of the line I wouldn't be available for another hour and a half, she said she'd call me back the next day, which is today.

Today, as I sat in Macroeconomics class, counting the last 15 minutes until dismissal, my iPhone buzzed again. The same unrecognized number, and I guess the same lady as well. She said she'd call me back in 15 minutes.

Out of class, I wondered who in the world is looking for me to have made 2 calls? I'm quite sure I haven't gotten myself into any kind of trouble lately? That's when my iPhone rang again.

Answering, finally able to speak this time (not in the confinement of any class). As it turned out, the nice lady on the other end said she's calling from the MA 儲備幹部 division of Standard Charter Bank, and would like to arrange a telephone interview with me this Friday. 

Of course, I told her yes, and jotted down the time and all. However, while I was finishing the conversation, more than 1 question mark popped up in my head....

Standard Charter? I'm very very sure I did not submit any resume or CV inquiring for a summer internship at all! The only contact I'd ever had with Standard Charter was about 2 month ago, when I took the online assessment test for their global graduate program.

Then, I was told my characteristics and traits did not fit what they are looking for..... and yes, I forgot about the issue completely after that. I completely did not expect this call today, but the only possible explanation is they're calling concerning this MA program, regardless the results on my assessment test.....

in any case, a telephone interview can't hurt, and I plan on finding out more about whatever is going on when she calls again this Friday. This might be a chance, or a scam? who knows.

沒有留言: