2008年2月22日 星期五

Apple Frenzy Part I

It's the second day of Model UN conference at NTU, 2007, when the Apple Frenzy official struck me.

Thus far, I have an iPod Photo, my first ever apple product. From recollection, Macintosh used to be the crappy computers with primitive Linux OS..... that was almost 10 years ago. Apple has took on a complete renovation of both its product lines and corporate culture. Embracing stylish yet simple designs, going all the way to produce user-friendly, customer oriented products. Countless innovation went into what made Apple 'Apple' today. 

Anyways, I had been thinking about getting a new iPod. Visiting the Apple reseller on campus, I spent some time fiddling with the 3rd Generation iPod Nano which costs 7000 NT for 8GB of storage when something else caught my eye - the newest of the iPod family, with a thin sleek design and almost the entire surface is occupied by a 3.5 inch screen : iPod Touch.

After deliberating for almost an hour, wondering which to pick for my 20th birthday present, I decided to purchase the iPod Touch for 10,900 NT. It turned out to be absolutely amazing. The multi-touch surface allowed easy manipulation of photos, a built in OSX is able to display stunning graphics for songs and videos and webcasts and more !!!!! It's definitely the best iPod ever, though I must point out Apple is really smart to separate the music function from its iPhone and sell it individually as an iPod in areas where the iPhone isn't available yet.

For the next two weeks or so, carried around my iPod touch wherever I go, loading all my music and video onto the device, enjoying at the same time the content and a sort of 'recognition' from owning such an outstanding product. 

However, the built in functions soon started to bore me. Don't get me wrong, looking at it simply as a music-cum-video player, it is perfect, but since it has a miniature CPU running an OS inside this 'iPod', word has spread that it can install 3rd party apps, provided you hack the system. I know hacking is a risky thing, especially with my brand new iPod that costed 10 grand....sigh....to hack? or not to hack?

沒有留言: