2008年4月16日 星期三

Recent Update 04/16/2008

The keyboard of my macbook suddenly became unresponsive last Sunday.....

Took it to the authorized servicing center, the tech used an external hard drive and booted from another volume disk. The keyboard worked fine in the external disk....

So, knowing it's a software rather than a hardware problem, I re-installed my entire OS X system. Thanks to the trusty Time Machine backup, I was able to get most of my data and settings back in no time. (I'm still searching for iMovie though.....)

Almost lost my MacBook today.... left it on a seat next to me on the bus. Thankfully, I immediately realized it seconds after getting off, and was able to chase down the bus and reclaim my prized possession. I swear, when I got on the bus and left my macbook to the side, the scenario of getting off without it occurred to me....kind of like a premonition, but I'm just thankful I did not really lose it. Shall me a lot more careful!

Yeserday, 4/15, McKinsey & Company called saying I'd passed the first round of interviews, and scheduled my round 2 for next Tuesday! Man, it's the same day as my midterms for financial institutions!!!! Well, one step at a time, I am just happy to keep working toward my dream.

沒有留言: